- 2019-09-22 On 22 September at 8:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Adena Friedman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Nasdaq
- 2019-09-22 On 22 September at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Nasdaq opening market bell ceremony
- 2019-09-23 On 23 September at 6:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius, as part of a delegation led by the President, meets with the Lithuanian community
- 2019-09-23 On 23 September at 10:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Ambassador Philip T. Reeker, Acting Assistant Secretary at the U.S. Department of State
- 2019-09-23 On 23 September at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the event “Advancing Responsible State Behavior in Cyberspace”
Lithuania handed a note to the Chinese Ambassador
On 2 September Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China, Mr Shen Zhifei, was summoned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and handed a note over the incident aimed at the participants of the peaceful demonstration that took place in Vilnius Cathedral Square on 23 August.
The note underlines that the actions by the staff of the Chinese Embassy which violate the democratic freedoms enshrined in the Constitution of Lithuania and disturb public order are not acceptable and will not be tolerated.
At the meeting, the Chinese side was urged to take every measure to ensure that such incidents are not repeated in the future.