- 2019-09-17 On 17 September at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives the new Apostolic Nuncio of the Holy See to Lithuania, Archbishop Petar Rajič
- 2019-09-17 On 17 September at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives the new Ambassador of Latvia
- 2019-09-17 On 17 September at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius attends a meeting of the interinstitutional working group on Eastern Partnership
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
Lithuania's Foreign Vice-Minister and Polish Undersecretary of State discuss mutual cooperation on Eastern Neighborhood Policy issues
On 22 August, the Lithuanian-Polish political consultations took place in Vilnius. Participants discussed topical issues of the eastern neighborhood and directions for future cooperation. The Lithuanian delegation was led by the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius, while the Undersecretary of State at the Polish Foreign Ministry Marcin Przydacz headed the Polish delegation.
The meeting focused on close cooperation between the two countries in shaping the EU’s common Eastern Neighborhood Policy. Much attention was given to the Eastern Partnership structured consultation process. The officials shared their ideas on how to keep this policy set on an ambitious path. Lithuanian’s Foreign Vice-Minister and M. Przydacz discussed ways to support the new governments of Ukraine and Moldova, as well as the ongoing European integration reforms in these countries.
Representatives from the two countries spoke in favor of maintaining a principled policy towards Russia in order to protect a rules-based international order. They also discussed some ideas for stopping Russia’s aggression. Members of the two delegations also exchanged their views on future Belarus-EU relations, the human rights situation in this country, and its non-compliance with nuclear safety standards when constructing the Ostrovets nuclear power plant.